[Assist] [News] Hyperbola suspends its donation account in Liberapay

André Silva emulatorman at hyperbola.info
Sat Aug 4 18:22:59 -03 2018

Since Liberapay's payment processor (Mangopay) is throwing them out [0],
we are evacuating the remaining money from our account in Liberapay to
our Bank account (Swissquote) in Switzerland.

Currently, Liberapay requires us to configure a Stripe payment account
to receive donations. Stripe is an US-based service (Stripe Inc. is a
registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, CA, USA) which
affects our Social Contract [1].

For that reason, we have decided suspend this account for an indefinite
period, until they find a way avoid using payment processor services -
such as Stripe or PayPal to receive donations. For now, we will continue
accepting donations through cryptocoin [2] and wire transfers [3].

We will let you know when or if this situation changes.

[0]:https://medium.com/liberapay-blog/liberapay-is-in-trouble-b58b40714d82
[1]:https://wiki.hyperbola.info/social_contract
[2]:https://wiki.hyperbola.info/donations#cryptocoin_transfers
[3]:https://wiki.hyperbola.info/donations#wire_transfers