[Dev] [News] Milky Way v0.2 release

André Silva emulatorman at hyperbola.info
Sun Oct 15 14:47:21 -03 2017

We are happy to announce a new release of Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre.
While still under active development to stabilize more packages to
follow the Hyperbola Packaging Guidelines [0] in Milky Way version, we
have fixed many bugs and consider this release stable. It includes
OpenRC as our main init system and the complete removal of systemd
support.[1]

Since it is a major change, there is a migration guide [2] available for
users that come from Milky Way v0.1.

For a complete list of changes please see the changelog.[3]

Milky Way v0.2 changelog:

* OpenRC added as the main init system
* systemd support removed

[0]:https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id=en:guide:packaging